Congratulations to allof this year’s nomineesand recipients.Your achievements makeme so proud to leadan organization filled withpeople who consistentlystrive for excellence andprovide such great careto Albertans.
—Dr. Verna Yiu,President and CEO,Alberta Health Services
The President’s Excellence Awards celebrate Alberta HealthServices’ staff, physicians and volunteers who demonstratethe highest standards in innovation, collaboration and patient-centred care.
Selected from a record 138 nominations, this year’s 21 awardrecipients are outstanding examples of the great work our peopledo, each and every day.
Outstanding Achievement in Patient- and Family-Centred Care
• Bassano Health Centre• Edmonton Early Psychosis Intervention Clinic Team• No One Dies Alone
Outstanding Achievement in People Excellence
• Community Engagement and Communications• EMS Psychological Health and Safety Committee• Young Medical Minds Educational Institute (Camrose)
Outstanding Achievement in Service Excellence
• Clinical Support Rural Applications Team
Outstanding Achievement in Innovation and Research Excellence
• Edmonton Zone Form 10 Improvement Team
• Rockyview General Hospital Replacement of Sugar Sweetened Beverages
• Alberta Children’s Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program• Alberta Provincial Pediatric EnTeric Infection TEam (APPETITE)
• Alberta’s Fracture Liaison Service Team
Outstanding Achievement in Quality Improvement
• Addiction & Mental Health School-Based Services Team• Commitment to Comfort Quality Improvement Collaborative Team• Starting Dialysis on Time at Home on the Right Therapy (START)
Lifetime Achievement (AHS staff or physician)
• Dr. Cledwyn Lewis• Fred Stegmeier• Mildred Colter
Lifetime Achievement (volunteer)
• Alice Babb
To learn more about the President’s Excellence Awards, visit ahs.ca
• Linda Campbell
• Roberta Saltvold