Continuing care services
include home care,
supportive living, long-term
care and palliative care. See
story on page 25.
You or a family member,
friend, neighbour or a
health-care professional can
request home care services
for you. Following an
assessment, a plan of care
will be created.
Your care plan will be based
on your needs.
• North Zone Home Care
• Edmonton Zone Home
• Central Zone Home Care
• Calgary Zone Home Care
• South Zone Home Care
Alberta Blue Cross
The Government of Alberta provides
premium-free Alberta Blue Cross
coverage for seniors for health-related
services not covered by the Alberta
Health Care Insurance Plan.
• health.alberta.ca (search “coverage
for seniors benefit”)
• Blue Cross and many other providers
have other supplementary health
plans (e.g., dental, vision, travel) for
Alberta Hospice Palliative Care
• Information about end-of-life and
palliative care in hospices across the
Alberta Supports Contact Centre
Seniors Programs and Services
• health.alberta.ca (search “seniors
programs and services guide”)
• The Government of Alberta’s annual
guide to provincial seniors programs
and supports, including financial
assistance, housing, health and
recreation, leisure and many other
Directory of Seniors Centres in Alberta
• health.alberta.ca (search “directory
of seniors centres”)
• Where to find the seniors centre in
your community, complete with a
listing of services.
• Follow the links to download
emergency wait times, health-care
locations and other important
contacts to your mobile device.
Path to Care
• Information about your treatment as
you move from acute care back to
Seniors abuse help
• Call if in danger or in need of police,
fire or emergency services.
Family Violence Information Line
• This 24-hour toll-free number is
available seven days a week and
provides information, advice and
referrals. Service is provided in more
than 170 languages.
Safeguards for Vulnerable Adults
Information and Reporting Line
• Call toll-free to report the abuse of an
adult receiving publicly funded care
or support services (protection for
persons in care).
Wills & estate plans
Alberta Justice – Planning Ahead for
• justice.alberta.ca (search “planning
ahead for your will”)
• Information on wills, estate plans,
personal directives, enduring powers
of attorney, adult guardianship and
• Also see story on page 21.
• health.alberta.ca (search “saying
• A guide to assist in the processes of
dying and death.