Information, services and programs
for seniors and their families
Needs vary, so seniors’ health care in Alberta comes in all shapes and sizes. Our listings
contain information, services and programs available to you and your family.
If you’re unfamiliar with seniors
health care or don’t know exactly
what you’re looking for, start with
• Free health advice and information
24 hours a day from Alberta
Health Services’ nurses.
• Online health and wellness
information and tools to help you
manage your health.
Alberta Health Services
• Online seniors programs, services
• health.alberta.ca (click on the
• Information on seniors benefits,
assistance programs and activities.
• Programs and services to support
seniors and help their caregivers.
Alberta Supports Contact Centre
• Call if you have questions about
social supports and health benefits
for seniors that are provided by
the Government of Alberta.
Addiction & mental health
Mental Health Help Line
• Confidential and anonymous help
• For more on mental health, visit
• Free, confidential, 24-hour support.
Provides information and locations of
addiction services offices near you.
Addiction Service Directory
• albertahealthservices.ca (search
“addiction service directory”)
• A listing of addiction services offered
or funded by AHS.
Canadian Association for Suicide
• Crisis services serving Alberta.
Advance care planning
• myhealth.alberta.ca (search “advance
• Step-by-step information on thinking
about and writing down health-care
Office of the Public Guardian
(search for “office of the public
• Provides decision-making options
for individuals who are unable
or may become unable to make
personal, non-financial decisions for
Alberta Caregivers Association
• Information, programs and referrals
to help caregivers manage their care
and stay healthy.
The Medically At-Risk Driver Centre
• ualberta.ca (search “resources for
seniors and family members”)
• Mobility guides, alternative
transportation and resources for nondrivers.
Exercise & fall prevention
Alberta Centre for Injury Control
• Fall prevention information.
Find a family doctor
AHS Immunization Clinics
• 811 Health Link
• Find the clinic closest to you; flu
vaccines are free to anyone who
works, lives or studies in Alberta.
AHS nutrition programs and services
asp (search “nutrition programs and
• Click the second link, and search by
name, topic or zone.